Re: [alfa] valve clearances with head off block?

Andrew,
   I do recall that on one of the 4 cyl Spica engine rebuilds I did a few years back, the valve clearances did change after I put a "pre-adjusted" head on the block.  Since multiple valves were off, I doubt I made an error when setting them!  I would not have guessed that torquing the head would change clearances, but it may.

I have also swapped timing covers on several engines without any trouble.

-Farzan