Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:44:42 -0700
From: "Stefano Iachella" <iachella@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Starter clicks

Cats,

What is the story again when the starter clicks but doesn't
turn over? Using a jump start doesn't change anything. Dash
lights are strong either way. The click is a pretty loud and
strong sound. I think the supply power is fine.

I got a late model gear reduction starter from APE and matching flywheel
for my 74 GTV and it's been great for a few weeks. A few days ago, there
was one click at start up, and the second try it started fine. This weekend,
it clicks and won't start. I have no where to push start it. I haven't tried
hitting it with a hammer yet.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Stefano