Re: [alfa] What year did 185x70 tires start?

Hi Gwynne:

Well, you got me curious, so I pulled out the old issues of R&T. They tested a Spider in '77 with 165HR14 Goodyear G800's, Spiders in '80 & '81 with 165HR14 Michelin XAS's, and finally an '82 Spider with the new wheels and 185/70HR14 Michelin XVS's. So, my guess (or recollection) was correct, at least for the cars brought to North America. Interestingly, the Alfetta Sport Sedan was fitted with the 185/70HR14's way back in '77. Carl originally asked what year Alfa offered the wider tires as an option, and I don't know that they ever did. Of course, when the Quad's came to the US, 15" wheels with 195/60HR15's became available, but that wasn't the original question.

Regards,

Dean