Re: [alfa] What year did 185x70 tires start?

 From the book "Original Alfa Spider" by Chris Reese - talking about the
series 3 Spider:

"The standard steel disc type (51/2 x 14), with open wheel nuts and
protruding center cover. The 2000 retained the wider section 185/70 HR 14
tires first offered in 1978"

I gather that he above refers to cars offered in the UK.

Gwynne Spencer