[alfa] RE: Diesel "throttle" response

Keith wrote:

>Personally it is not the power that I do not like with diesels, it is
their
>poor throttle response (not surprising as they do not have a throttle)
>and their unwillingness to rev.

Lack of "throttle" (maybe we should replace with accelerator?) response
in what sort of driving situation?

One of the things I love about my TDI is that the torque curve is so
flat, and there's so much of it, passing and accelerating is quick and
responsive without having to shift down a gear.  It's especially fun
going up hills, passing higher horsepower cars who are straining to keep
their engines in the power band.

Of course I don't get the sonorous music or rev happiness of my Alfa V6,
(Alfa content) but I've found the TDI's own form of audible pleasure:
roll down the window and hear that little turbo spool up like a mini
(very mini) Perterbilt.  Can we say Convoy!

Mark K. - The Duck