[alfa] RE: Diesel "throttle" response

>>One of the things I love about my TDI is that the torque curve is so
flat, and there's so much of it, passing and accelerating is quick and
responsive without having to shift down a gear.  It's especially fun
going up hills, passing higher horsepower cars who are straining to keep
their engines in the power band.<<

Shifting down a gear is not a chore but something to be done for the
fun of it.

The throttle response is not fact that without changing gear it will get
from x mph to y mph in z seconds, it is that the car responds immediatly
to an tiny movement of the accelerater pedal, whether that is to increase
or reduce power. This is what I like about the 16V 33 engine (which uses
an individual throttle for each cylinder like a set of Weber carbs), and
which I find the 16V 155 TS is not as good at (but still better than most
cars).

All the best

Keith