Re: [alfa] ES30/SZ

Zak McGregor wrote:
The real draw of the SZ for many was the handling ability. It was able to pull
1.1g - a stunning figure even today.
I see this number quoted all the time. Is it really true?

Here's a sampling of lateral G figures for comparison:

McLaren F1 0.86 G
Saleen S7 0.99 G
Ferrari Enzo 1.01 G
Koenigsegg CC 1.15 G
Lotus Elise 0.97 G
Ford GT 1.05 G
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Comp 1.25 G

As much as I want it to be true, I find it hard to believe that the SZ was able to pull such numbers... especially considering the unbelivable advances in tire technology (and size) over the last 13 years.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org