Re: [alfa] ES30/SZ

I've seen a Lotus Elise and a TVR Griffith that were imported this way, but if you read the law, it's explicitly prohibited, and Customs will be on the lookout for it. I think Customs is actually the biggest obstacle--you can't just import a car and slap fraudulent VIN plates on it as Mark suggested, because they won't even let it off the boat.

-Joe

At 5:20 AM +0000 5/27/04, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:59:29 -0400
From: Mark Denovich <mark@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [alfa] ES30/SZ

Zak McGregor wrote:
The real draw of the SZ for many was the handling ability. It was able to pull
1.1g - a stunning figure even today.
I see this number quoted all the time.  Is it really true?

Here's a sampling of lateral G figures for comparison:

McLaren F1		0.86 G
Saleen S7		0.99 G
Ferrari Enzo		1.01 G
Koenigsegg CC		1.15 G
Lotus Elise		0.97 G
Ford GT			1.05 G
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Comp	1.25 G

As much as I want it to be true, I find it hard to believe that the SZ
was able to pull such numbers...  especially considering the unbelivable
advances in tire technology (and size) over the last 13 years.

- --Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org