[alfa] Re: of 308s, Meraks, and other undervalued and unloved (by the collector-car set) exotics

On the other hand if one simply must have a real exotic on the cheap,
might I suggest a Lamborghini Espada? A front-engined, RWD, 365 HP
(later models) DOHC V-12 is nothing to sneeze at. Makes wonderful
sounds (Webers), Marcello Gandini's long, low and wide stance is very
attractive (I think) and the car's interior is a real nice place to be.
Fully Independent suspension. The fact that the car was built for ten
years (68-78) with only a couple of minor revisions (dashboard,
steering wheel, more power, vented discs etc). Downsides: It's really
low and long (104" wheelbase) is a 2 + 2 (Italian designation meaning
finally room for TWO REAL adults and the dog), and the car is heavy
(about 3700 lbs.) and it's not really designed as a sports car, but
more of an Autostrade cruiser designed to eat up the kilometers at
150mph +.  The plus side is that some fine examples are available on
the really cheap. I've seen good ones go for as little as $9000 and
great ones for under $15,000 - and you will definitely have the only
one on the block.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'