RE: [alfa] On other brands and car reliability

> I find it incredibly ironic that we deal daily with a prejudice of
> unreliability in our own vehicles, yet whenever someone suggests buying
> something british or Ferrarish, we say "my brother had one of those and
> it was horrible" or something of the like. We have learned nothing from

IMO, this is the best contribution to this discussion so far.

For those concerned with belts, as opposed to chains (I prefer chains in any
car, including Alfa), you might look at the Maserati GT cars.  The Bora has
a chain driven v8, and delivers around 100 hp more than a GT4.  I'm guessing
the GT4 might be more nimble, but the Bora is a hoot to drive.

Parts can be expensive.  But then again, that argument doesn't really wash
either - most Alfa parts are expensive compared to American car parts.

The Hertzman quote works well here - to each his own..

bs