[alfa] Re: BRM and my teen-aged heroes

Let me say this about my "Real" heroes: My late father and 4 uncles who all served in one capacity or another during World War II. I have lived in awe of them my entire life.
They have always been my heroes.

My sports heroes growing up were the Grand Prix drivers from the '60s and early '70s. Lorenzo Bandini, Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jo Siffert, Pedro Rodriquez, Jochen Rindt, Jacky Ickx, Chris Amon, Jack Brabham, Denis Hulme, Bruce McLaren and the greatest of the all (except for perhaps Clark) Jackie Stewart. They all still drive in my dreams. How many of these men drove for BRM at one time or another during their careers and sadly how many died in a BRM? So I guess this is why I have an affection for The Owen Racing Organization, their cars and drivers.

About Lotus: I just never got fired up over their road cars though they have always been considered superb sports cars. They built and raced some of the greatest Grand Prix cars of the age. Their Grand Prix cars did have the reputation of being "fragile". Are their road cars "fragile"? Oh, and the new Elise has a friggin' Toyota motor and trans. Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment with a content-type header it could not parse.]