[alfa] Active Stabiliser Bar System (ASBS) on Alfa 166

US Company Delphi is using a Alfa Romeo 166 as a test bed for its ASBS that
will see the light of day on the next Jeep Grand Cherokee. Its a kind of anti
roll car that does not stiffen the suspension. The benefit seems to be
massively improved turn-in without loss of ride quality. The comment was that
the ASBS system transformed the handling of the 166

They are also producing twin disk/rotor brake systems that are pretty mind
boggling in terms of their effectiveness relative to a single disk. Double the
brake power and no fade....Amazing, but logical I suppose. Some of you
probably know all about this, but its the first I have heard of it.

Tim Hancock   Boston UK

164TS
164Super