[alfa] steering box slop

The factory service manual for my 1992 Spider, in one of the "here's a
symptom-here's a possible cause" charts indicates there is an adjustment on
the steering box to tighten up side to side wiggle over bumps (not
rotational free play when stopped) in the steering wheel, but my manual does
not include the particular chapter on how to adjust it. Mechanic says all my
bushings, etc., are ok. Would someone please enlighten me? I know where the
steering box is, obviously, and can indeed see a bolt on the top, but is
that THE adjustment bolt, and how much do I adjust it? I am guessing I
tighten, not loosen, it? Other ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan Thames
1992 Spider