Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:13:22 -0500
From: "Shawn Mayer" <shawn@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Spider timing problems - won't start

Hello all -
I've just finished putting my engine back together (79 spider w/ spica)
after a head gasket replacement and head rebuild. Of course, then I just
prayed that it would start when I finally turned the key today. but no
such luck. When I turn the key, the engine will turn for a few seconds
as though it is trying to start, and then after a short time there will
be a loud "bang" that sounds roughly like a loud backfire. I'm assuming
that this means I'm at least getting fuel and spark?