[alfa] Re: First car Anglias (NAC)

Mark Battley writes:

Hey now, a Ford Anglia ranks in the top 10 coolest cars to drive.   It's up
there with a Nash Metropolitan.    Where does one get an Anglia in the US
anyway?

Those not familiar with the Anglia, it's the flying car Ron Weasly had in
the second Harry Potter film, and the car Adrian from The Young Ones drove
(but, if you remember The Young Ones, you surely know the Anglia).

Anglia was the first car I ever owned (at age 16), and the only car I've
owned that wasn't Italian.
My first car too. Bought a '59 back in '67 for $200, drove it through the "wilderness" of northern New Mexico. The positive ground was a bit of a head-scratcher for the unfortunate mechanic who opened the bonnet.
I sold it to a UNM student for $400 six months or so later before heading off for an all-expenses paid ski trip to Viet Nam. It was either $400 or I would have pushed it off the Sandia Crest east of Albuquerque!!
Looking back, it was a pretty cool car!

Gordy Hyde
on the edge of Seattle
1974 Spider