[alfa] Re: any help finding Berlina T fitting

On my 1969 1750 Berlina, there is a plastic t-fitting that connects a
heater hose to another hose, near the firewall on the (US) passenger side. When it sprung a pinhole leak not too long ago, I feared it may be one of those "obscure" parts that I couldn't find. Called IAP today -- no luck. Thinking I'm going to have to try and repair it, or perhaps retrofit a metal t-fitting or have one made. Any ideas of finding a replacement or retrofitting one would be appreciated, because if I take it to see Oscar, it's going to be $500
Thanks in advance,
James

Been a long time since I've climbed around under a 69 Berlina.. (my first Alfa!) and never had to mess with the heating system. But, I had a thought.. you might try the copper pipe section of your local hardware store to see if the hose used might fit tight enough on a standard size of something... Haven't measured anything but I was looking at a Spider one recently, and perhaps 3/8" might just do it..

A standard slip fitting, and short pieces of pipe soldered in it.. Or, maybe just the OD of the slip fitting might just do it for the hose ID.. Three hose clamps, and you're on your way!

Worth a try.. hope something does fit!

Jon
77 Spider