[alfa] Re: any help finding Berlina T fitting

In a message dated 5/17/04 5:23:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> On my 1969 1750 Berlina, there is a plastic t-fitting that connects a
> heater hose to another hose, near the firewall on the (US) passenger
> side. When it sprung a pinhole leak not too long ago, I feared it may
> be one of those "obscure" parts that I couldn't find. Called IAP
> today -- no luck. Thinking I'm going to have to try and repair it, or
> perhaps retrofit a metal t-fitting or have one made. Any ideas of
> finding a replacement or retrofitting one would be appreciated,
> because if I take it to see Oscar, it's going to be $500   ;-)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> James
> 1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 Berlina
> 1981 Fiat Pininfarina Spider 2000

If you send the plastic one to Dennis Etcheverry at Norman Racing (next to
Alfa Parts, Berkeley), he can probably reproduce it in metal for 1/10 that. I
would guess under $100 for sure!
Stevan Thomas
1973 Berlina