re: [alfa] Radio in 74 GTV

>Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:45:34 -0700
>From: "Andy B." <bctech@domain.elided>
>Subject: [alfa] Radio in 74 GTV

>Does anyone know if these ever came with a stock radio? I am attempting to
register my car with a "collector plate" but the >insurance specifically
states it must be stock or not at all. From what I can find out there it
looks like they left that up to the >individual owner? Mine has a late model
cassette player in it was there even a hole left for one or has this been
hacked in by the >previous owner?

I can't speak authoritatively for your ' 74 but my ' 73 GTV came without a
radio or an existing cutout in which to mount one.
To a man as young as I was at the time, it was pure blasphemy and it wasn't
long before there was an AM/FM-Cassette Player cut into the dash. I still
have that radio. It's hooked up at my work bench to produce some music while
I work in the garage on my current ALFA.

Hugh Shawcross
'74 Spider
Medicine Hat