RE: [alfa] 1750 GTV Wood Dash Replacements

> I distinctly remember an online vendor selling "original" or
> "replica" wood inserts for GTV's dash and center console .
> Unfortunately, I cannot remember who has them.
>
> My car in a 1971. And I'd really like to replace the wood for
> the dash and the center console. Anyone know where I can
> locate this stuff?

They're pretty easy to make.

I found some nice veneer, the type that is iron on.  It comes in rolls.  I
ironed it on to some thin metal roof flashing, then traced the old ones onto
it and cut them out.  Some sanding and varnish (spar varnish, you want
something that will protect from UV), and they look pretty damn close to
original.  Total cost for all the dash pieces and the center console pieces,
less than $50.

HTH,

bs