[alfa] Replacing Distributor on '79 Spider

Pete Woodhouse is frustrated: "For the life of me, I can't ge enough
grip with a pair of long nosed pliers on the rear little spring clip to
pull it upward and lock it into place."

*******

Pete, I'm guessing you have it back on by now. If not, sure hope it's
not your daily driver. Paul Novak's comment regarding making sure the
notches line up is important, but know it can be difficult even when all
is in alignment.

It's a Zen thing. Best done with cold engine but assume by now that's a
given. With capon, reach back by hand / fingers and snap the rear one
on. Might help to tip back ever so slightly. Put pressure on the "fat"
part (where it bows out the most) of the spring. Then with both thumbs
on the outer (fender side) spring's fat part, simply snap on.

Someone should invent a Boscheralli distributor: Two screws to hold the
cap on but with mechanical advance weights underneath so one can see /
access to gap the points - or I suppose one could go electronic.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA