[alfa] Re: relay N41 (was: 164 - no tail lites, or dash lites, radio lite doesn't dim)

hi hans,

(hope ya don't mind i cc'd the digest - this may also help others.)  thanks so much for the help - relay n41 was easy to locate - tall off-white relay, just next to the transmission tunnel.  a little wiggle of it had the radio/clock lite blinking dim-to-bright, so i knew i'd found the right one!  ;~)  pulling apart the relay uncovered a cold solder joint; a dab-o-solder, & i'm back in biz!

thanks again,

doug s.

>>>Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 23:58:07 -0400
>>>From: dsedon@domain.elided
>>>Subject: [alfa] 164 - no tail lites, or dash lites, radio lite doesn't dim

>>>hi all,

>>>well, the wife seems to think we need to suffer a little longer with this 164 of ours...  so, the next issue is what to do about the lighting.  when i turn on the headlites, the headlites themselves are the only things activated by the switch.   all other items that normally get activated are m.i.a. - the clock/radio lite does not dim, the instrument panel lights don't come on, the running lights & tail lights don't come on.  all fuses (under the drop-down panel to the left of the steering wheel) are ok.   do i need a new light-switch stalk, or is there some mystery fuse or relay that's failed that i don't know about?  or?

>>>thanks,

>>>doug s.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.