Re: [alfa] Cleaning out old threadlocker?

It's just plastic once it's hardened.  Fiddle with a dental pick/scriber, or
a thread chaser or bottoming tap may work.  Acetone ??

THREAD CHASER:  Get a bolt of the correct dia/thread and carefully saw a
groove along the threads in line with the axis of the bolt. Deeper at the
tip tapering to non-existent toward the head. I usually use a double hacksaw
blade to make a wider groove.  Clean the edges of the groove LIGHTLY with a
wire brush as you want a sharpish edge to cut out anything softer than the
bolt itself.  These work well on lightly X-threaded holes in softer
materials and you will see the offending material sitting in the groove on
removal.

Next time you are in the garage make up a full set in common Alfa sizes, and
use high grade bolts if you can. Don't slip with the saw or you'll damage
the threads which will in turn damage the hole you want to fix

Quite a few vehicle manufacturers incorporate a thread chaser on the end of
all bolts nowadays.  They also taper the end threads to make starting the
bolt easier, especially long body bolts.  IIRC Alfa seat retaining bolts (in
Alfettas at least) have the 'nick' in the end threads.

Oh, similar technique for a makeshift die to chase bolt threads

Beatle
'67 Duetto
Oz
(Biba, a post with no questions that time !!)