[alfa] Head gaskets

Mr. Bart of Black-Barts commented on using copper gasket cement
(Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket?) before installing on surgically clean
head and block surfaces.

I too have done this for years with very good results (except possibly
in one case). However, one of the Digesters whose opinion I highly
respect told me the cement then makes the "built in" gasket cement on
the gaskets null and void.

Dunno, but Definitely, some sort of cement is Required on the rear of
the gaskets - no matter how lucky one might have been in the past.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Nothing to do with anything but 8:09 p.m. and 77 degrees (F) on a Friday
evening and listening to Victoria's Secret (vintage) Bob Dylan's
Lovesick album. Love them both.