[alfa] Re: World Upholstery

Beetle:

I bought an upholstery kit for my Alfetta Gt from World Upholstery a number of years ago.  The quality of the materials, stitching etc were all first rate.  However, their pattern must have been bad since it was too wide for the seats.

Now here is the positive part of the story.  I had my local upholstery shop modify the covers to fit (they are still in excellent shape after almost 7 years), and sent a note to World about the problem.  I didn't hear anything for a while and sort of gave up.  Then one day a check for the amount that the shop had charged me for the modifications appeared along with a nice note of apology and thanks for alerting them to the problem.  The fact that they did this gave me a good feeling about the place, and I have recommended them to others since then.

I can't comment on the specific convertible top product, however.  I tried the original Renovo product when it first came out in the mid-90's (I got it in England before it was sold over here in the States) and got marginal results.  However, it seems they must have improved their product over the years judging by the comments of Digesters and others.

Regards,

Arno Leskinen
Arizona USA
102