Re: [alfa] 93 spider valve noise

My 92 spider had noisy valves for quite a while. Clearances were always
within spec. Recently, at about ~120K miles, I had a valve job done.
It required new valve seats, valve guides, and valves.  Now it is much
quieter, uses quite a bit less oil, and has a bit more power.

In my case the noise seemed to be from the worn valve guides.

I remember some comments on the digest a while back that indicated
the original equipment valve guides on later model spiders wear out
quickly.