Dean
Lutz, Fl
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 10:07 PM 5/10/2004, you wrote:

Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 19:20:39 -0600
From: "C.M. Bereznoff" <cmbereznoff@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] 93 spider valve noise

I have seen some answers about 93 spider valve noise in the
digest archives, yet those answers do not seem to provide me
with much of an answer.  Soooo.. here is the problem: my 93
Spider with 70K miles and a recent valve adjustment to the
minimum clearances ( per the mechanic) is quiet as a baby
when cold.  After a few blocks and the coolant temp hits
110-120 degrees, the engine starts to sound like a sewing
machine.  I know it is not the fuel injectors ( happens even
with no call for fuel on decelleration), not the oil ( tried
many different ones ), not the oil pressure ( reads about
60psi at running temp under load, not the cam chain (
tightened to specs ).  What can be DONE! ?  This is driving
me nuts and that is a short trip!  Can I drop the min
clearances a couple of thousanths?  Any other ideas or know
cures?  PLEASE HELP!

Craig M. Bereznoff
1993 Spider