[alfa] re: 115 front brake calipers

At 3:37 AM +0000 5/10/04, alfa-digest wrote:
Has anyone tried the valved brake bleed screws that Centerline sells?  They
seem attractive for single-person brake work. Thanks, Digest.
Not on a 115, but I bought a set of these for my GTV-6. The ones supplied for the front (Brembo on my '82) are a horrible fit and leak around the threads when you open them, totally negating their utility because they would also suck air around the threads when the pedal was released during the bleeding operation. On the rear they worked considerably better, but are much taller than the originals, such that the left most one interfered with my current exhaust system. So now I just have one on the car, at the right most rear bleeder. This is handy for biannual fluid changes, but I still need a second pair of hands when I need to purge air from anywhere besides the right piston of the right rear caliper.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6
'73 Opel (Will it move under its own power this summer?)