[alfa] Screen Wash Pump - Duetto

Beatle asks: "Anyone had luck repairing a foot operated pump ?  Mine
pumps OK but the electrical contacts  ................ well
........................ don't !!"

********

Some years ago I went through the process of figuring out what each of
the electrical contacts on the foot pump do when the pump is pushed. I
got the windshield wipers to do their 'thing' but as it turned out, the
diaphragm was shot. I believe all I did was clean up the contacts well.
Bottom line is I got a 'new' one from APE which worked fine.

Of course you can always give it a pump or two then flip on the
windshield wiper for a few seconds - but it is awfully fun to have it
work properly, if seldom needed at least in So. Cal.

I generally count on the pump, back-up light, and interior light not to
work when a Round-Tail comes in.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA