[alfa] Again - Milano Gold for Sale in N. Calif.

Dear Digesters,

This is my second and probably final posting on the Digest for this car. I
got lots of email requesting pictures but no one called yet to come look at,
or drive this car. It will get advertised in the Chronicle soon and I want
this car to go to an Alfa person if possible.

So once again, I am selling my 1987 Silver colored, Milano Gold. Nice paint,
very clean interior.

Again, this car was my first Alfa, now I have four!  Besides driving
absolutely awesome, it has a Sony high powered deck, high powered speakers
and a trunk mounted 10 CD changer that is a pleasure to listen to. The thing
is, we have 5 cars now, including a red Milano Verde, 164LS and a Spider. I
do not NEED two Milanos, but I hate to part with this car!  My wife is
saying ONE CAR has to go! Everything works on the car, the power everything
- seats windows, door locks, the ARC, the A/C blows arctic cold air, (better
than the other three Alfas we have!) the clutch is smooth and perfect,
brakes are perfect, the transmission is solid. As a new, but enthusiastic
Alfisti, I could honestly recommend this car as a solid car.

In the last 8 months, I have had the following done at two Alfa Specialty
shops:

Installed nice, clean near perfect used front seats - motors work perfectly,
The back seats are like new.

Replaced the headliner with a fresh, new headliner (European upholstery
shop)

Installed a beautiful leather Nardi wheel with a custom Alfa horn button -
and a leather covered matching shift knob.

New Alfa power antenna

New flex joints, center support and center support bearing, after having the
rebuilt driveshaft balanced perfectly smooth

New power steering hoses
New power steering pump
New cam seals
New crank seal
New front brakes and rotors
New rear brakes
New oil level sensor
New (used) brake booster with flush/fill of fluid
New Milano floor  mats from Performance Products
New custom Dashmat

I will also include a second full interior, front, rear and door panels if
the car goes for full price. (this takes up a LOTTA room in the garage!)

And now the kicker. The ENTIRE top end was just rebuilt for $2K. All new
valves, guides, new timing belt, alternator belt, timing belt tensioner,
water pump, the works. The car needs absolutely nothing, and is a really
nice example of a clean, sharp, California Milano.

The car has 155K, but with the way it is, with all the work done and the
service records I have myself and from the previous owner, who cares!  I am
in the car well over $6K and I would want $3,000 or best offer for it AND
want it to go to a good home!  This car got me hooked on Alfas. I have never
owned a better handling car with the possible exception of my Audi 4000
Quattro. I have owned RX-7's, Porsche 911's, and lots of other performance
cars. (Non- Italian) Other than the Audi, nothing even comes close.

Anyone seriously interested in seeing, driving and buying this car, let me
know via email at mdpordes@domain.elided or call me on the numbers below. I will
send digital photos if you want. I am in Northern California, 45 miles
Northeast of San Francisco in Fairfield. YOU HAVE TO drive this car to
really see what I mean.

Thanks,

Michael Pordes
707 864-1066 home