[alfa] Berlinas in Seattle

Gentle Digesti:  As a Seattleite, Berlina owner and NWARC clubbie, I want
to state publicly that NO, there will not be a serviceable and lovable
Berlina left abandoned along the roadside after the '05 Convention here.
I shall NOT let that come to pass. Also, I will state that Honorable Prez
Gordy Hyde may have outdated impressions of the  Berlina...when I joined
the club I was told that "if you hang around long enough, someone will
GIVE you a Berlina", but I have had to purchase the last three I have
owned with good ol 'Murrican long green. It is my contention, then, that
even the lowly Berlina has appreciated somewhat. Maybe Gordy has better
moves than I do, I don't know.  Anyway, lest the rest of the free world
think we Seattleites don't value our sedans, I thought I should speak up
on their behalf. There are several very nice examples of Berlinas in
town, as well as a batch of exceptionally nice Giulia Supers (which mine
aspire to). As a matter of fact, this is quite the hotbed of Alfa
Sedan-ness, being the locality of the SSSSSS. (South Seattle Super Secret
Sedan Society) and the Squadra Berlina both.As for purchasing a Berlina
to use during the convention, I may be able to help the asker out with a
rental arrangement. I DO go through cars. though, so one never knows if
I'll still have the "Yellow Peril" when the '05 rolls around.
Ciao for Now,                                                      Pat
Hood'72 Berlina 2000-the Yellow Peril'67 Giulia Super 2000-Tiger Lily'67
Giulia Super 1600- Patience