[alfa] 164 QV low pressure and engine rattle......

hello all
Over the last week my car (1995 164QV) has lost some oil pressure and developed a srange rattle (sound familiar)
I have changed the plugs and the oil it has helped a little
but its not the same as it was.....to sum it up.....
when the engine is cold oil pressure is about 4.5. (previously it was 6)
As the engine warms it starts to drop.
At idle with the engine warm the pressure is down to 1.
At 2000rpm pressure = 2.5
At 3000rmp pressure = 3.5
Previous to this the pressure was never below 2.5
Now the  strange rattle..it can be heard especially when engine rpm is decreasing, between
1700rpm down to 1400 rmp (once again only when the engine is warm).
There is no rattle when  engines rpm is increased???? (like a tappet noise but louder)
Your comments as to wot u think it could be would be appreciated....
Regards to u all .....Jab