[alfa] Re: Talledega Super

this is a repeat - but -
Some time ago, I was told about this car by Dennis Black. He said his dad had put this car together. Claimed he had documentation on it, but we never got that far.
my memory is pretty foggy - but i think IMSA had formed an under 2.0 liter GT class???
ARI decided to build one to take full advantage of the class rules. The car was very trick - the one detail i remember was that they used the passenger side headlight opening for an air intake that ran through the wheel well and then into the throttles. I do remember the engine being a 1750 - but wouldn't put any money on it.
With the Super's low coefficient of drag and the mods they made, the car was ideally suited to Talledega, and they smoked everyone. IMSA immediately banned the car. I don't know if the car ever ran any further races. I have no idea who drove the car.
I doubt i have many of the details right, but the story always intrigued me, and its one of the reasons i love these cars so much. I hope someone here can clarify, and flesh out the story.

Perhaps, if Don is listening, he can elaborate/clarify?
andy --