[alfa] spider two piece exhaust manifold instead on on epiece

HI all,

I was under the impression that you could substitute a two piece exaust manifold from an older spider for the one piece manifold in my 87 spider, without modifing or changing the downpipe, which is one piece with the cat.

I just called one of the usual alfa parts houses and I was told that I can't do that.

what's the deal?

TonyG

87 Grad.