[alfa] Quad crank & rod advice needed

Alfisti,
  I've managed to successfully get the engine out of my '88 Alfa Spider Quad
and partially disassembled.  I've found some things I need some advice on:
1- The aluminum plug for the rear of the #1 rod journal had come out, causing
loss of lubrication to #1 and that led to MASSIVE overheating (turned the rod
end blue!) and near-total destruction of the bearing.  This rod is no longer
useable, right?
2- The crank... #1 rod journal has wear of about 2-6 thousandths (estimated)
all around and some 'scuffing' at the point where that cylinder fired for the
downstroke.  #2 main took some excess heat, as well, and partially toasted the
bearing (still intact) and caused some discoloration of the journal, but no
obvious damage.  All other bearings and journals are fine.  Can this crank be
re-machined and made useable again?  If so, just do the damaged parts, or turn
all to the same size?
3- There was some anti-freeze in the oil pan, but no obvious sign of where it
came from, i.e. head gasket, visable cracks, etc...  No oil in the coolant, by
the way.  I'm told by a couple of other sources that a small amount of coolant
in the oil is not uncommon for these engines.  Correct?  Or do I have some
'serious issues' here?

  If all this means my engine is now more of a conversation-piece than a power
source . . . anybody got a decent 2L for parts out there???  I'm gettin'
really anxious to get behind the wheel again.  It's been too darned long!!!!
Thanks all for any advice and/or help you may give.

Dan Lewis
Bellevue, NE