[alfa] Spider Fan/Radio not working

My 88 Spider just got back from the shop, and I found that the radio no longer would turn on. It had been installed by the previous owner, so I traced the wires and it appeared to connect to the same wire as the heater fan switch, so I tried that and that also did not work. Looking in the shop manual, I couldn't find an obvious fuse or connector specified for that circuit, and the wires get lost in a bundle under the dash. I checked all the slot-style fuses anyway, and cleaned off their contacts, but no go. There are 3 different block-style fuses down there as well, but I don't know how to check them for goodness. I also found two fuses that were right on the wires, one under the dash and one in the trunk and cleaned and checked them.

Anyway, any pointers would be helpful. I understand the grounds are the first thing to check in an Alfa's electrical system, but since it was recently in for an engine-change, I thought it might be something more obvious, since all the grounds looked dry and solid that I could find. I've mostly ignored the electrical system in the Spider, but I really like my tunes (I have a spot for the iPod+iTrip under the parking break so I can listen to endless music on a long drive.)

Other electrical things that don't work right now: right front parking light, reverse lights, third middle brake light, speedometer.

--Sam
88 Spider
Santa Clara, CA