Re: [alfa] Frozen Clutch

When my '65 Sprint GT did that exact thing, I finally broke it loose by
accelerating in gear to about 20 MPH, then with the clutch pedal on the
floor, jamming on the brakes. After the 3rd or 4th time, it broke loose.
Apparently the disk had sort of seized to the flywheel.

Incidentally, the successful attempt also resulted in the loss of brake
pressure to the rear brakes - the steel line had corroded a great deal (car
location upper New York State - lots of salt on the roads during winter) -
the pressure burst through the pipe with a hole about 1/8" in diameter.

At that point I started a major tear down rebuild - never succeeded in
finishing, as I moved to Florida onto my sailboat - could not handle the 5
cars we had, so sold all (including the "basket case Alfa") except for a
1981 BMW 528i sedan.

Now I am sorry that I sold the Sprint GT, as I have been unable to find a
replacement in anywhere near as good condition for any where near the
selling price.

Gwynne Spencer