[alfa] Spica Starting Tip

Carl750 asks: "Driving a Spica car again for the first time in a couple of
years.   I have seen comments on the digest of "starting immediately".
Remind me of the correct procedure to accomplish this with a "cold car" on a
typical 70-80 degree (F) day ...... do I keep my foot off the gas pedal
...... down a 1/2" ..... ????"

Here's what someone who really knows his stuff about these cars taught me a
decade ago, and it still works for me:  Hold the gas pedal most or all the
way down.  Turn the key and back off the gas gradually while the engine is
spinning.  You should have backed all the way off the gas entirely by the
time it starts.

You may have to do this more than once on a cold day.  My 79 Spider (74
pump) starts very reliably, but doesn't like to move unless I either let it
warm up a bit or suffer through several re-starts.

Good luck,
Rex in Albany