Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:42:34 -0500
From: "Dan Lewis" <lewisdk6@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Alfa Owners in Omaha ?

Hi again Alfisti

  As I indicated in my last post (about what to do to my top after sitting 1
1/2 years), I'm about to remove the engine from my '88 Spider Quad and give
'er some bottom-end work.  I can't handle another summer without her.  Now
don't get me wrong . . . I love my wife and think she's beautiful.  BUT, she
can't handle a right-left switchback with a 25-foot drop anywhere near as
well
as my Quad and she absolutely refuses to let me take her top down in public.
So... I fix the car and take them both out for a spin.

  My inquiry is this:  Are there any Alfa/Spider owners in the
Omaha/Bellevue,
Nebraska area with experience in engine work that have some free time to
offer
advice and councel to a first-time-Alfa-rebuilder?  I have some experience
with engine work, broad-based general mechanical knowledge, and a desire to
learn and do just about anything new; including rebuilding an Alfa Romeo
engine myself... at least the bottom-end... for now.

  Thanks to all who may reply.  I would take it to the one or two only shops
around who still work Alfas, but alas, I am only a lowly service man with two
teenagers to feed and can't afford such things these days.

Dan Lewis
Bellevue, NE