[alfa] Ignition wiring

Rex Chalmers, formally of sunny So. Cal. includes the following
information:

"Red to either terminal marked 30
Black to either terminal marked 16/50
Brown to either either terminal marked 15/54

"Brown is system power out
Black is the impulse to the starter solenoid, or to a starter relay if
someone has added one to your 69"

I'll make no bones about it, Rex is one of my Alfa heroes, though he
insisted on calling me Harold for several years. My question is not to
get back at him for doing so, but must ask, "Rex, what fires the coil?"

The originator of this discussion, Bruce Sharer, just sent me a photo /
jpg of his '69 Spider ignition switch. Oy, and not to pick on another of
my heroes, but John H. you apparently missed one - Bruce's is Bosch.
Bruce also comments his car is Spica fueled. So are the sources of the
two Neiman ignition switches I quoted. Who knew Alfa was that fickle,
ignition switch supplier wise?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA