RE: [alfa] Low fuel pressure. What to do.

> Jon Durham
> Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 3:00 PM
> To: swittkop@domain.elided; alfa-digest@domain.elided; Dean W. Cains
> Subject: [alfa] Low fuel pressure. What to do.
>
> I have low fuel pressure 9light stays on) and the 74 spider wont
start.
> Where
> can I begin to solve the problem?

With my 1973 Spider, I had to replace the fuel filter pretty regularly.
It eventually got where it would clog up almost immediately.  The long
term fix was to remove the tank and have the local radiator shop flush
it out and treat the interior (I'm not really sure what they use).
Since then, I'm back to replacing filter about once a year.  I usually
replace the rear filter and the main filter at the same time.  My fuel
light comes on as usual when starting but only for a second.

Regards,
Richard Arnold
1973 Spider
1976 Spider (parts car)