Re: [alfa] GTV6 Rear rotor bolts

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:00:03 -0700 th3 <th3@domain.elided> wrote:

> Even using the Alfa tool and Liquid Wrench to remove the 15mm rear rotor
> bolts, I rounded the corners.  Any suggestions now?  I think I recall
> seeing a post about grinding the head off.  If that is the only
> alternative left, what tool is used to grind the head off?

i was able to get two slightly rounded bolts out with a good 6 point
box wrench laid on the deDion tube (i think one of our readers from
IAP made that suggestion.) lay the wrench on the deDion tube nice
and square so it won't pop off, and then turn the rear tire on that
side and the bolt should move.

this all depends on how rounded the bolt really is. if you need to
grind, then a high speed electric grinder such as the one i have
from makita, or a grinding bit in an air powered die-grinder will
do the trick. wear eye protection, fast grinders definitely throw off
lots of stuff you don't want in your eyes.

richard