[alfa] Re: Proper Temp. Gauge Reading for a 1991 164S

I found that BOTH my sensor for the guage/panic light and my sensor for the
rad fan were behaving poorly.  You can check the gauge sensor with an Infra-Red
thermometer gun ( < $100).

I convinced my wife to buy one for use in the kitchen, then I shot it at my
thermostat housing to see if the new sensor was accurate.  It was.  (As an
aside, our oven is not.)

With all electrics working, lower temp radiator fan sensor from VW, and
everything changed out or gone over except the radiator itself I hit about 210 deg
F in stop and go traffic with AC on.  When summer gets here in TX I may be in
trouble.  We'll see.

-mike mcmahon
94 164LS
86 spider