[alfa] Duetto Oil Filter

The thread on this subject could be easily expanded to include oil filters for all of the 105 engines with canister type oil filters. I have found that getting the right filter element is not an easy task any more.

After years of providing just the right filter on demand (with more than a little teasing about the tractor application), my local UAP now sells both Wix (the house brand, it seems) and Fram filters that just barely work in my Spider Jr.

The problem with both of them is that the filter element is shorter than the original. Cork spacers are provided which make the element fit, but I've never been very comfortable with using them. Worse, these filters do not come with replacement gaskets to put between the can and the base it bolts up to.

I was contemplating the Hurlock Engineering conversion to a spin-on filter, but my favorite overseas supplier (Highwood) came through with the CH 945 PL filter which is the right height and has a gasket included.

George Beston
Spider Jr.
Alfetta