[alfa] The Killing of Bill

May SCI (Sports Car International) has a very nice article on 'The
Forgotten Supercar' - De Tomaso Mangusta. Great photos. Its red. I
personally feel it is one of the all time great designs - aesthetically
wise. As virtually everyone knows, it did have its share of mechanical
type faults. Back when they were new, I was waiting for tires to be
mounted on my car at Caldwell Tire in Pasadena and a fellow drove in
with one. Damn, when he opened the rear dual engine 'hoods', I fell in
love on the spot. I haven't read the article yet (just looked at the
pitchers) but can't believe most of the 'bad stuff' couldn't be
retroactively engineered out - providing one has enough cubic yards of
spare cash.

Disclaimer: (Since I haven't included this for awhile) I own De Tomaso
and am currently negotiating with Uma.

Okay, I do have a blue and white Corgi model of a Mangusta.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA