[alfa] Sealing Head Gaskets

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:44:43 -0700
From: Tom Sahines <tsahines@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Head gasket warning

The OEM head gaskets provided do not have the adhesive applied correctly.
You must add a gasket sealer at the rear of the gasket to allow for the
rear oil galleys to be sealed properly. I use Permatex Ultra grey (light
thin coating) on both sides of the gasket around the two oval shaped holes
at the rear of the head gasket.

I have had quite a few calls telling me of water in the oil because the oil
galleys did not seal correctly.

Tom Sahines ARA Tech Hot Line San Jose California.

AMEN!!!  I'm one who found out the hard way.  Got all of 20 minutes out of
my new engine before the head had to come off again.  Use Ultra Grey and
give it time to set up.

Lyford Hale