[alfa] Spider backup/reverse lights

In a message dated 4/12/2004 1:28:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
I've been trying to troubleshoot the reverse lights on my '89 Spider so
that I can get my insurance certificate this spring. However, at this
point I'm stumped.

I have isolated the switch at the connectors where it emerges at the
base of the transmission and have confirmed using an ohm meter that the
switch does in fact work.

I have verified battery voltage at the other side of those same
connectors. When I "jumper" past the switch both reverse lights come on
in full glory.

So I'm out of ideas. If the switch works and the lights and circuitry
to the rear of the car work then how can they not work together???

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.
Have you tried testing the backup lights with the headlights switched on?

Charlie
LA, CA, USA

91 Spider
84 GTV6