[alfa] Re: Wiring a Thermo Fan

At 8:34 PM +0000 4/10/04, alfa-digest wrote:
1.    I have both 70A and 30A relays.  Is 70A overkill for a small thermo ?
I would think so, but if you have an ammeter you can check without too much difficulty. Perhaps some electrical engineers can correct me, but I'd guess that the fuse should be rated for ~50% more than what the device usually draws.

2.    Do I run the fan's main power without a fuse directly from a 'hot' power
source such as alt, batt, or starter ?
You want it to be fused, as near the power source as possible.

3.    Do I run the relay 'switching' power thru a fuse ?
Yes. The current required will be on the order of 5mA, so you can take this power from an existing circuit in the fuse box.

HTH,
Joe