[alfa] 164 vs. BM% e36

Well, I know what you're thinking and no, I've never
raced a BM% e36.  But has anyone seen a 164 go against
an early 90's 3 series?  My wife and I participated in
the Mazda Rev it up this weekend in Dallas. It was a
great introduction to racing/autocrossing.  We did
okay and got to try out the new 220hp Mazda 6.  That
car sure is agile.  Not too sure if it's front or rear
wheel drive though and not sure if I could tell the
difference either way.  But back to Alfas, awhile back
Michael Smith had challenged that a 164 can outbreak,
outrun, and outcorner milanos and gtv6s. Considering a
164 is a little bigger than a 3 series, can a 164 beat
a 3 series on the track?  Just wondering about it if
the day ever comes for me to take the 164 out with my
wife's BMW club track day.

danny
dallas, texas
91 164L