[alfa] fs: Blue '71 1750 Spider - in Berkeley CA

I thought I would just post this to the list before I
start advertising the car to the general public.

I'm selling my 1750 Kamm tail. Royal blue - I've seen
Giulia Supers in this color, but it's not the original
color of the car - original was more cobalt.

Red interior.

It has new paint - not concourse by any means, but
quite nice. There is bondo in the nose - my
ex-neighbor backed his Passat into it last year.

The insurance paid for the body work and paint, I
bought the new bumpers - they're original manufacture
from Italy - with the white/orange euro lenses.

The engine is a low mileage rebuild. It really tears,
burns no oil (don't really have to add any between oil
changes) doesn't leak any coolant - the temp gauge is
always dead center, no matter how hot it gets.

I gradually went through the car over the last couple
of years. Completely rebuilt the front suspension, new
springs and shocks front and back (stiffer, slightly
lower). NEW ORIGINAL FRONT BUMPERS (with euro-lenses),
New top, new alternator, starter, brake booster, door
panels, rear deck and quarter vinyl. New Pirelli
185's.

I had NEW alfa floor pans welded in (came out really
original, only seriously rust-proof). Both door line
up perfectly, which I am told is a little unusual.

Second gear syncro is, of course, problematic to those
who are not already comfortable driving alfas of this
vintage...

Seats are recent - previous owner put a very small cig
burn in the passenger seat. Dash has a small crack
that is hidden from view in front and between the def.
vents. Center console is from a '74.

Speedo does not work, but I'll include a spare.

Previous owner told me that he bought a new Spica pump
when he had the engine rebuilt. I've never had to
adjust it, and the car runs perfectly at any temp, so
he might have been telling the truth.

Car has no rust. It's been so reliable, I feel really
sad about selling it - but I need the money to finish
my Giulietta Spider project.

$4000 obo

thanks
Brian