[alfa] spider idle air O ring

dear all,

Reading the last couple of posts regarding the non starting 91 spider, then the erratic 86 spider - from which I followed the link to the GTV L-Jet page, has cast the shadow of doubt if I'm missing a O ring that should be in the idle air adjustment mechanism. Should there be one on a mid 80's (87 to be exact) spider? After taking the bolt and locking nut from the plenum, all I see is a black "thing" with star shaped slits in the center, mush like a mercedes emblem, but no O ring.

TonyG.

87 spider

pequannock, NJ